Senior-Principal Mechanical Design Engineer
Job Title: Senior or Principal Mechanical Engineer
Location: Bournemouth OR Reading
Category: Mechanical Engineering
Education: Bachelor's Degree
Senior or Principal Mechanical Engineer
Competitive salary + benefits
We have an exciting opportunity for progressive Senior or Principal Mechanical Engineer to join our firm. This opportunity is currently available in our Bournemouth or Reading office.
As a Senior or Principal Engineer, you will be responsible for supporting and delivering designs and managing a range of project types and sizes. You will work within a multidisciplinary team of engineers and support staff delivering a consistent high-quality service for clients, ensuring that repeat and new business opportunities are developed, and profitability is achieved.
Why Work For Us?
You’ll collaborate with the industry’s best, working with a wide range of built-environment specialists.
You’ll be part of progressive and exciting projects, able to experience innovative schemes across all sectors.
You’ll advance your career, your way, thanks to our structured Career Paths framework.
What You’ll Be Doing
– You will be working on a varied portfolio of projects both in the UK we don’t have any international work currently across a varied portfolio of projects across key sectors.
– Designing mechanical engineering systems at the highest level using the latest software design packages. Competency in AutoCAD and ideally experience with REVIT.
– You will have the opportunity to lead mechanical services design on large projects, and take overall lead on small to medium sized projects within the office,
– Projects span a cross section of sectors including Education, Science and Research, Healthcare, Leisure, Residential, Commercial, Defence and high-end mixed-use developments.
– You will lead the development of initial strategic concepts for projects ensuring solutions are appropriate for the brief and regulatory standards.
– Take responsibility for solid technical delivery in your work either alone or part of a team.
– Engage with junior support staff in their day to day activities and offer advice and guidance to ensure that they develop their skills and we get the best out of our people.
– You will be financially astute and work with the project leader to help monitor fee expenditure, resource and work delivered.
– Looking at new ways of working and taking time out for innovation and research ensuring we keep abreast of our competitors.
– Creating and maintaining a high reputation within the industry, and to ensure adherence to QM and risk control procedures is also a very important part of the role.
What We Are Looking For
– Excellent technical knowledge in Mechanical Design Engineering Thorough understanding of Building Services Engineering and interdisciplinary design through all stages of the design process
– Previous consultancy experience: you will appreciate the importance of complementary specialisms such as acoustics, fire engineering and computer modelling in the design of buildings
– Autonomous approach: able to lead small to medium sized projects and able to take a brief from the project lead on large projects and deliver & control the tasks required
– Responsible for the quality of our outputs
– Appreciation of client needs, with ability to face clients
– Ability to identity when outsourcing is required e.g. design & CAD work
– Understand and identify resource needs
– Mentor and supervise junior members of staff
– Ideally Chartered engineer or working towards
To reward your hard work and commitment we offer both core and flexible benefits, a competitive salary and industry leading training and development to support you throughout your career.
• Private medical scheme
• Life Assurance
• Income protection
• Car allowance and access to a wide range of lease cars (Principal)
• 25 days annual leave, increasing to 30 with length of service
• Contributory pension scheme
• Employee Assistance Programme
• Enhanced Paternity, Maternity & Shared Parental Leave
• Season Ticket Loans
• Professional membership subscription
- 9-day fortnight – the firm offers all employees the option to work a 9-day fortnight
- Hybrid Working – activity-based approach
- Employee stock purchase plan – a voluntary program which allows eligible employees to purchase Tetra Tech common stock at a 15% discount
- Holiday buy & sell up to 5 days
- Study Assistance
- Cycle to work scheme
- Employee Referral Scheme
- Sabbatical Leave
- Other flexible benefits include gym and retail discounts, travel & dental insurance and GAYE (Give as you Earn)
- Flexible working – We’re happy to discuss flexible working. There is no obligation to raise this at the application stage but if you wish to do so, you are welcome to. Flexible working will be part of the discussion at offer stage