Senior-Principal Electrical Design Engineer
Job Title: Senior or Principal Electrical Engineer
Location: Reading OR Bournemouth
Job Type: Full Time
Category: Electrical Engineering
Education: Bachelor's Degree
Senior or Principal Electrical Engineer
Competitive salary + benefits
We have exciting opportunities for a Senior or Principal Electrical Engineer to join our firm, based in Reading.
Working alongside the Project Leader, you will be facing clients, responding to our clients’ needs, developing designs and producing reports, specifications and guidance or overseeing testing and commissioning activities. We work closely as a team to ensure we achieve the best results and deliver a consistent high-quality service for our clients.
Why Work For Us?
You’ll collaborate with the industry’s best, working with a wide range of built-environment specialists.
You’ll be part of progressive and exciting projects, able to experience innovative schemes across all sectors.
You’ll advance your career, your way, thanks to our structured Career Paths framework.
What You’ll Be Doing
– You will be working on a varied portfolio of varied portfolio of projects across key sectors.
– You will have the opportunity to lead electrical services design on large projects, and lead overall MEP on small to medium sized projects within the office,
– Responsible for dealing successfully with Clients and other professionals
– Awareness of consultant appointment conditions
– Define and agree brief with Client
– Competently represent our client at project meetings
– Manage and prioritise the workload of a project team including specialist groups.
– Host and chair internal project team meetings
– Contribute to the professional development of individual team members.
– Actively lead self and identify opportunities and provide support for career development of others
– Monitor project expenditure and report to Project leader
– Ensure quality standards and technical accuracy is delivered.
– Reporting cost and resource requirements to Project leader on a regular basis.
What We Are Looking For
– Excellent technical knowledge in Electrical Design Engineering Thorough understanding of Building Services Engineering and interdisciplinary design through all stages of the design process
– Previous consultancy experience: you will appreciate the importance of complementary specialisms such as acoustics, fire engineering and computer modelling in the design of buildings
– Autonomous approach: able to lead small to medium sized projects and able to take a brief from the project lead on large projects and deliver & control the tasks required
– Responsible for the quality of our outputs
– Appreciation of client needs, with ability to face clients
– Ability to identity when outsourcing is required e.g. design & CAD work
– Understand and identify resource needs
– Mentor and supervise junior members of staff
– Ideally Chartered engineer or working towards
To reward your hard work and commitment we offer both core and flexible benefits, a competitive salary and industry leading training and development to support you throughout your career.
• Private medical scheme
• Life Assurance
• Income protection
• Car allowance and access to a wide range of lease cars (Principal)
• 25 days annual leave, increasing to 30 with length of service
• Contributory pension scheme
• Employee Assistance Programme
• Enhanced Paternity, Maternity & Shared Parental Leave
• Season Ticket Loans
• Professional membership subscription
• 9-day fortnight – the firm offers all employees the option to work a 9-day fortnight
• Hybrid Working – activity-based approach
• Employee stock purchase plan – a voluntary program which allows eligible employees to purchase Tetra Tech common stock at a 15% discount
• Holiday buy & sell up to 5 days
• Study Assistance
• Cycle to work scheme
• Employee Referral Scheme
• Sabbatical Leave
• Other flexible benefits include gym and retail discounts, travel & dental insurance and GAYE (Give as you Earn)
• Flexible working – We’re happy to discuss flexible working. There is no obligation to raise this at the application stage but if you wish to do so, you are welcome to. Flexible working will be part of the discussion at offer stage