Technical Director (Electrical)
Technical Director (Electrical)
Salary:£85,000 – £100,000 + Package
Location: Central London
Job Type: Permanent
Our client is seeking an experienced Technical Director (Electrical) to be based in our London office. You will take a team management and leadership role in the development and design and coordination of engineering project services, assisting the Directors with Business strategy and management.
Your excellent communication and interpersonal skills, both with colleagues and clients, and experience working on innovative projects with leading client organisations, and contractors, will equip you to take a future pro-active role in forging client relationships.
You will possess good commercial awareness, in addition to having robust technical knowledge relevant to building services design, and being capable of incorporating those technologies into the commercial office sector. The position will ideally suit someone who is currently working in consultancy and is prepared to work ‘hands on’.
The ideal candidate will be a Chartered Engineer, educated to degree level in Building Services Engineering or equivalent and hold membership of relevant institutions (MCIBSE or MIMechE), as well as having experience of data centre or other mission critical projects.
- Takes Team Management and leadership role in the development and design and coordination of engineering project services. Assists the Directors with Business strategy and management.
- Carries out cost and profit diagnosis on projects including feasibility studies and preparation of project fee proposals
- Working closely with clients and project team to establish project requirements
- Reviews status advised by project personnel and external parties and modifies schedules or plans as required. Prepares project reports for Management, Client or others.
- Develops and specifies applications of controls, instruments, and operating systems for all building engineering services purposes
- Surveys tests and reports on existing electrical/mechanical installations
- Fiscal and commercial management of projects to ensure they return the target margin
- Leadership and hands on delivery of monitoring of construction and installation on projects
- Liaising with existing clients to establish long term relationships and future upcoming projects
- Liaising with future client prospects and general business development.
- Specifies activities to ensure that manufacturing, construction, installation, and operational testing confirm to functional specifications and customer requirements
- Represents Company at technical meetings with customers, professional teams and contractors teams
- Carries out engineering calculations to ensure drawings meet required robust industry and legal standards
- Hands on involvement in local office management in conjunction with other members of the senior management team
- Support clients in tender and procurement of MEP contractors and MEP equipment.
- Leads on the coordination of engineering services, together with hands on delivery of concept and details designs
- Ensures risk and performance monitoring analysis takes place through effective systems of internal control and delegation
- Mentoring and development of younger members of the engineering team
- Production of technical white papers to promote the technical capabilities
- Hands on involvement in the sector management team in conjunction with other members of the team
- Surveys and due diligence reports of existing data centres
- Presenting technical papers at industry events where the opportunity arises
- Takes a holistic view in the selection and application of engineering concepts and solutions
- Support the delivery of projects in accordance with the expectations of the Project Delivery Process from a Project Management, Financial Management, QA/QC and Technical Review perspective
- BSc/BEng in appropriate engineering discipline/BEng General Building Services or have sufficient equivalent experience
- MCIBSE/MIEE or HND/HNC + appropriate experience or equivalent
- Chartered Eng status
- Experience of data centre or other mission critical projects
If suitable apply now for your CV to be sent to the recruitment manager or alternatively call 01489874987.